Google Team Drives
This document will help you understand better how to use the Google team drives in Cloudsfer.
Google Team Drives are shared spaces where teams can easily store, search, and access their files anywhere, from any device.
Cloudsfer now supports Google Team Drives migrations and allows to use permissions feature according to your needs.
How to migrate with Google team drives:
- Start a migration.
- Select GDrive under the business tab (Currently only available for Admin account in google).
- After inserting your credentials, you will be referred to a page with option to select:
- Users - GDrive (My Drive) users managed by your admin account.
- Team Drives - existing Team Drives in your domain.
Please note: In order to migrate to and/or from Google Team Drive, you will need to have an access permission higher than "View access" - Edit or Full permission access.
Team drive need to be created prior to the migration.
Permissions of files and folders are also transferred during the migration.
Please note: while migrating to a Google Team Drive, we cannot transfer folder permissions due to Member Access Policy. Member access on folders is determined on the top folder of the team drive.
- There is a Google limitation when migrating over 100,000 file per Team Drive.
In case you need further assistance with your migration, please don't hesitate to contact us at