This document will help you to install the on-premises agent.
The agent is running as a service and not as a desktop application. Cloudsfer agent access to the mapped drives and will be available even when the user has logged off or after the computer was restarted.
- Microsoft .NET framework 4.8
- The user installing the agent must be part of the local administrators group.
- Window 7 and Windows server 2008 and above.
Run the application and a pop-up window will appear: Cloudsfer on-premises Agent Setup. Click “Next” to continue.
In the End-User Licensing Agreement panel, click "I accept the terms in the License Agreement" and click Next to continue installation.
You are advised to read the terms of the license carefully before proceeding with the installation. If you decline the license terms, the installation will not proceed.
Click “Next” to install to the default folder.
Paste your unique Token provided by Cloudsfer. Give a name to your Agent. Then click “Next”.
Service account details
Enter Username and password.
Username: The format is: [domain] or [computer name] \username.
Enter the user's password.
Click “Install” to begin the installation.
Click the “Finish” button to exit the Setup Wizard.
After Cloudsfer agent has started, a window will appear.
Here you will see the installation properties and you will be able to load all your mapped network drives.
Every time the agent is restarted, it will auto map your drives.
If you change your drive mappings, you will need to reload them in the tray application.
You can access the agent properties and reload mapped drives by Right clicking on the Cloudsfer icon and select Show Properties.
Clicking on Reload mapped drives, will update the list of mapped drives.
Drives & Mapped Drives
- To be able to access mapped drives the user must be part of the domain, access to mapped drives will be in accordance with the user’s permissions.
- Only drives mapped using the UI or CMD in user mode, will be visible to the agent. Drives mapped using CMD in administrator mode will not be visible.
- If a mapped drive is not on a domain connected computer, then the username and password used to access this resource, must be saved in the computer's password vault.
- For a migration/backup to work properly, mapped drives must use the same drive letters all the time.
- After any change in the mapped drives (add, remove) the user must use the “Reload Mapped Drives” option. A backup/scheduled migration plan must be updated accordingly.
Congratulations! You completed the On-Premises Agent installation. Now run Cloudsfer On-Premises Agent and a pop-up window will appear:
You can check in your taskbar that the icon application is green. If it has another color, please wait until the light will be green or contact us at email@example.com.
Test the connection to Cloudsfer
Click on next links to test that you can connect to Cloudsfer.
If the following screen will appear, you are ready go.
To continue with your migration please go to your Migration Dashboard and click “Download Exporter” to install Tzunami Exporter and extract the content into TDX format (Tzunami Deployer Export).
A pop-up window will appear with our list of supported source systems.
Select your source system by clicking on your desired system, for example click on Documentum, in order to download Documentum Exporter.
When the download is complete, open the zip file (DocumentumExporter3.3.zip) and extract the files.
In the zip folder, you can also find the Exporter Guide in a PDF format (Documentum Exporter Guide.pdf).
Run Tzunami Exporter Setup (Tzunami Documentum Exporter Setup.msi).
A pop-up window will appear: File download – security warning and then click “Run”.
If you have more questions, please contact us at Support@Cloudsfer.com